Monday, October 4, 2010

Nagano-Apple Orchards

After Hokkaido, I came back to Kanazawa and worked for a little bit. Mind you, I didn't have to teach the summer session, so I didn't have to be at school. So, while everyone else was hard at work, I got antsy and decided to take off for a few days. I joined WWOOF Japan, and through WWOOF, I hooked up with a really great family in Nagano.
They were the nicest host family ever and they had an apple farm. For about 8 hours a day, I hung out in the packaging section and worked my magic. On occasion, I got to cart around crates, clean, and pick apples. I had a great time meeting Takanobu and wife (pictured above). And it was wonderful to just hang out in the orchards. We worked hard by day and then did yoga, wnet the the onsen, chatted and hung out by night. What a nice way to live. So, much to the chagrin of my family (I'm assuming), it made me start to think of alternative life styles.



That's all for now! Stay tuned for a whirlwind trip with Dad!!

No comments: