Friday, October 17, 2008

KIT Fesitval

The KIT festival is an annual event primarily planned and run by the students. It started in the evening on Friday, October 10th and it lasted until Monday, October 13th. Unfortunately for the students, the festival took place right after mid terms. Between tests and festival planning, everyone was VERY busy and quite tired.

There were decorations all around the campus, as well as food booths, games, activites and of course, studnet projects and work. The picture below depicts the library and some decorations on the right.
Various light projects made by the students.
Yeah! I love bouncy chickens, but I didn't think it'd be good for a "sensei" to give it a go. Maybe at a festival not affiliated with KIT.
There were a few famous people who came to talk/ perform. There was a famous and some famous comedians who performed for the KIT and surrounding community.
These are just a few of the food stands that lined the streets around campus. I ate my way through the festival; pork miso soup, crepes, chocolate bananas, tapioca chocolate milk, octopus fritters, potatoes from Hoikaido... I'm sure there's something else that should be on the list... Anyhow, I'm such a sucker; the stands were run by KIT students, so if my students saw me they'd pull me in to their stands and ask me to buy whatever it was they were selling. And of course, I would. All in all, it was a lot of fun to see them out of the classroom and in action.

No comments: