Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Day of Natural Beauty

I had the pleasure and good fortune of visiting Tojinbo Cliffs in the Fukui region. This cove is renowned for its breathtaking views, sheer cliffs and surrounding beauty.

Pictured below: Photos from along the coast.

Pictured Below: Fantastic aerials provided by a number of hawks.
Pictured below: As some of you know, I had wanted to be an entomologist, so naturally I find insects, spiders and most creepy crawlies beautiful. I've got to get a camera with a setting for these little guys, but I realized I could get some nice silhouette shots. I have MANY more, but I figured one would be enough!

Pictured below: Various rocky outcrops. Along the main cliffs pictured directly below are many, many tourists. This spot is of course famous for its beauty, but also for the tragic stories that enfold it; many have taken their lives from these cliffs!
Pictured below: You can walk along the coast for miles until you come to a little island. Before reaching the island, we passed many a fishing boat. The bridge was a red painted in the Shinto fashion to denote sacred places. Upon crossing the bridge, we wandered through groves of gnarled trees.
Pictured below: Dusk!

No comments: